I have experience in all sort of projects, of different sizes and of wide spectrum of domains: medical, multimedia, air traveling and e-commerce. I love well crafted code and working in complex domains. My style of development revolves around the ideas of Domain Driven Design. This means that when I develop software, I try to understand and breathe the business, in order to effectively model it into code. I mostly do web development, specially REST apis; but I’m decent enough in React (with hooks) and modern frontend development.
What is your skillset?⌗
You can expect me to be able to:
- Understand the inner workings of any PHP codebase, wether that is custom or with a framework.
- Analyze a codebase technical debt and refactor to best practices and patterns.
- Implement unit testing, mutation testing, type checking and linting on any PHP codebase.
- Write easy to maintain, modular and easy to reason about code.
- Automate code integration processes using Github Actions or Gitlab CI/CD.
- Package PHP applications into docker images to be deployed in Kubernetes-like environments or PaaS providers like Heroku.
- Be able to spin up any development stack with
- Be able to work in or implement a Github workflow.
- Work with different backing services like MySQL/PostgreSQL databases, message queues like SQS and Rabbit, key value stores like Redis, search engines like Elastic.
- Explain in details how many of the backend protocols work, like HTTP, FTP or SSH.
- Speak with Stakeholders to understand their problems and translate those into technical requirements.
- Manage basic aspects of a Kubernetes infrastructure, like implement observability platforms, autoscaling or operators for high availability persistence needs.
- Discuss different approaches to solving a problem and be able to explain their pros and cons.
- Review code in a pull request flow and provide feedback to developers.
- Teach and mentor other developers about all mentioned above.